donderdag 14 februari 2013

Nathalie & Kimberley 021



Nathalie and Kimberley posing in "Maya" glasses made by Rodenstock in 1965. Putting a year of manufacture on vintage glasses is often an educated guess but in this case I'm sure that the year is right. In 1965 I had a crush on a dark haired girl at school who put up her "Maya" glasses when her mild myopia gave her trouble. Many years later I came across these glasses at the "Waterlooplein" flea market in Amsterdam and bought them for a few coppers. During my next visit to the flea market it was a big surprise to discover another pair of "Maya" glasses with nearly the same prescription of minus three. I bought both glasses because of the sweet memories of my schooldays. The girl in question was not the first owner of my finds at the flea market as her myopia was only -1.50, roughly the same as the prescription of the twins.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten