dinsdag 4 juni 2013

Sohaila 073



The proverbial "Irish promise" often ran into my head when preparing for the recent series of photo shoots in the Dublin area. The Irish are great, once you have them face to face. The only problem is how to make sure that the "face to face" moment really occurs. This was a price in education sometimes paid during my three decades as an uilleann piper. The intentions of trad musicians are always good but often, something happens on their way to the appointment and there's no consciousness of priority. With this in mind, I made seven appointments with models. Seven photo shoots in less than four days. When my life partner Nel heard this, she said "You overestimate yourself, you will collapse halfway the four days". My answer was: "Don't worry dear. This is Ireland and I'll be a happy man when it comes to four shoots".

Sohaila was the fifth model in my schedule and so far, only one model had showed up. One late cancellation and two apparent cases of no show. I walked to Bray station with mixed feelings. It was a cold, windy day. A tall young lady in glasses would arrive but nobody matched the description. On my way to one out of five?
All of a sudden I saw a tall lady, face hidden behind giant non prescription sunglasses. One can always ask...

"Are you Sohaila, by any chance?"
"Yes!" (handshake)
"Where are your glasses?"
"I left them in Limerick so I have my contacts in"
"You made my day, simply by showing up" (plus the no show story so far)
"I never let anybody down"

To sum it up: Sohaila is every inch a professional. And that's the truth!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten