vrijdag 4 november 2011

Lucy 183

























The right lens in these Silhouette glasses is four diopters
stronger than the left lens. I have the same Rx difference
between both eyes (L +2 / R -2) and buying new glasses
is always a time consuming affair for the optician of my
choice. My appoach has always been to order the right lens
in a Rx that gives me over 100% visus but the left lens has
to be slightly below the optimal Rx. This compensates the
major difference in size between both images. I feel more
balance. Opticians always fulfill my request to leave the shop
in a trial frame and check if the balance is to my satisfaction.
I wonder how the first owner of these Silhouette coped with
her problem. Judging by the wear and tear of the frame she
did not wear contact lenses. My guess is that the difference
in size of objects seen through her glasses was less than in my
glasses, so she was in a better position.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten