maandag 6 januari 2014

Doreen 210



Tea break with a musical interlude.... When we entered the living room, Doreen noticed an old Anglo concertina on the table and she was curious to give the instrument a try. The concertina is a keepsake of my brother Guus who died of brain cancer in November 2012. Guus and I played together in several Irish ballad groups throughout the 1970's. He bought the concertina in 1974 and used it occasionally during gigs, accompanying us in songs like "Crooked Jack" and "The Eclipse". He stopped playing in 1980 when my musical interest had shifted to Irish traditional music on uilleann pipes and fiddle. For over three decades, the concertina was gathering dust in his attic. Guus always showed a genuine interest in my photography project and I'm sure he would appreciate this photo of Doreen searching notes and chords on his concertina.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten