zondag 5 januari 2014

Doreen 166



These huge Zenni glasses were first featured in a brief photo shoot with my partner Nel in the autumn of 2012. When Nel saw the glasses, she found it hard to believe that they were brand new: "They are exactly like the glasses I was wearing in the seventies!". But Zenni has a nice way of experimenting with all sorts of frames, regardless the whims of fashion. In April 2013 the glasses were used to great effect by a highly experienced model from Dublin called Sohaila who requested that I'd bring "big, chunky glasses, the bigger and chunkier the better!". By contrast, when Doreen and I discussed frame selection for her first photo shoot, she said that big frames did not suit her. She changed her mind after seeing the results of her photo shoot so I felt on safe ground bringing along these huge Zenni glasses. I really like the "1970's feel" of this portrait of Doreen but as always, feel free to disagree....

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten