woensdag 26 oktober 2011

Claudine 129

























This fine portrait of Claudine was taken at the third location,
the "Appelmarkt" (Apple Market). Claudine and I had just
taken some refreshments on a sunny terrace so that she was
warmed up for more posing in the cold shade. I first heard of
the "Appelmarkt" in the late 1970's. My (then) mother-in-law
was often invited to show her art work at exhibitions in the open
air, and the "Appelmarkt" was one of her favourite locations.
It was a nice opportunity to use the place for a photo shoot.
The official name of the 322 ft tower in the background is "The
tower of Our Lady" but it's also referred to as "Lange Jan"
(Tall John). The 15th century tower is the reference point of the
coordinate grid used by the Dutch topographical service and also
the place where my beloved partner Nel and I first met, in 2008.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten