vrijdag 24 mei 2013

Osi 242



This spontaneous portrait of Osi posing in make-up glasses concludes her epic photo shoot. Osi is the 42th Lady behind Crystal Veil.

My sincere thanks go to Terry Moylan, archivist of Na Piobairi Uilleann, for his kind hospitality and for the permission to use the NPU headquarters for a part of this photo shoot.

"Very elegant and statuesque". "A raven beauty but above all, a warm personality". "A positive energy that could easily melt the ice cap of Antarctica". These are only three qualifications of Osi, received from people who saw her portraits. Allow me to add a few more qualifications. The whole gamut of expression - serious, classic, with an occasional touch of melancholy, a bit of spice, a lot of playfulness, depending on the situation.  Patience when this was required. In short, gorgeous posing. Acting capacity. A great, natural spontaneity. Improvisation talent. Fun to work with, and the best of company. And all this united in one young lady.

As soon as we started the photo shoot, it was immediately obvious that Osi was really motivated, but in a pleasant, relaxed manner. There was no rush. All I knew was, "this is going to be good, this is going to be really good". During the second part of the photo shoot, something extraordinary happened and it deepened the impact of Osi's excellent posing on me. I felt transported in time, seeing the young wife of a pharaoh from ancient Egypt. Then back to the 21st century. An alternative librarian. Quiet, bordering to serene during the posing in extreme glasses. Spontaneous freestyle dancing at the very end of the photo shoot.

Osi, your portfolio says that your style is slightly undefinable because you have not tried to brand it yet. May I give you a bit of advice? Don't hurry with the branding. Extra focus on certain aspects could easily narrow down the full gamut of expression which is so remarkable in your posing. You also write in your portfolio that you look up to Tyra Banks and that you would like to develop the same qualities that you admire in her. May I add that you have some unique qualities all of your own. Young as you are, I feel that you are well on the way to become a role model for others in the field of modeling.

After returning home from Ireland, I could not wait to see the photos. When the portraits started to appear on my computer screen, all of a sudden my vision was clouded and the tears streamed down my cheeks. I was so happy, and not just about the quality of the portraits. It felt like being back at the happy picnic shoot in the park. The whole atmosphere was captured in the portraits. I have done sixty photo shoots but this - the tears - never happened before. It's the biggest compliment that I can give you.

Osi, thank you so much for a wonderful day, never to be forgotten!


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten