donderdag 6 december 2012

Lucy 262



Glasses: Silhouette, late 1970's
[L=R: -7.00]

During the last six months the terminal illness of my brother Guus limited my options for photo shoots as it was never really possible to fix a date with a new model in advance. I hoped to do some preparatory field work in old Amsterdam to make sure that we had one or two indoor locations available in case of rain but nothing came of it because of the situation with my brother. During the walk from his home to Central Station where I would meet Lucy and our guest from England I passed one of the best optician's shops in the city and decided to ask them if we could come to them for a part of the photo shoot. City Optiek is located in the Vijzelstraat near the Munt Tower and they have been kind of special to me during the past four decades. Their shop has a tasteful interior and they always have glasses for sale with a scope far beyond the fashion of the year. They always have cat eye glasses, regardless of their popularity. My request was met with a positive reaction so when Lucy and our friend from England were shivering from the cold after the shooting at the first locations we headed for the City Optiek shop which was only five minutes away. In the meantime their friendly staff had checked my weblog and the shop was "ours" as there were no customers. After doing over fifty photo shoots this was the first time in an optician's shop (the catwalk in Germany took place on the doorstep of Friedag Augenoptik). We all enjoyed being out of the cold and in ideal surroundings for a photo shoot in prescription glasses. The only problem was the reaction of the flash light in my camera but this photo came out fine.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten