vrijdag 15 juli 2011

Léonne 116

























Sweet, almost shy posing by Léonne in a nameless pair
of 1970's glasses, recently sent by Martin from Köln,
Germany. When first seeing this picture, some phrases
sung by "musicians' musician" Al O'Donnell ran through
my head. Back in the 1970's, Al was a great influence to
me when I decided to discard songwriting for a while and
concentrate on Irish ballads instead. I will never forget his
friendly personality and the bits of advice he gave during
a visit to my place in Amsterdam during the late 1970's.
The song is called "Maid on the mountain" and I copied
Al's version, singing it in Ireland and at home in Holland.

"And now that I am old and my bones they are weary
Time after time, I reutrn to that clearing
With sadness in my heart I search through the forest
Ever mindful of seeing a sign or the sight
of that fine young girl by the side of that wild mountain stream"

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten