donderdag 23 mei 2013

Osi 196



In the introduction of the previous series I mentioned how the white Conquistador were given to me by a friendly collector from the UK. Here is the story of another contribution. These playful red and white metal glasses were kindly presented to my collection by Carla, the first "Lady behind Crystal Veil" with a rich history of photo shoots and catwalks under her belt. Carla was the fifth model who posed for me in 2009 and it was a memorable evening, extensively documented on my first weblog. It was the first time I witnessed  a total transformation as soon as she was in front of my camera. Pure magic! A year later, Carla stole the show during the catwalk at the opening of my first exhibition of portrait photography. During the second round of the catwalk, she appeared on ultra high heels, wearing a beautiful pair of myodisc glasses (Rx -14) by Flair. Her own prescription was -2 and she made no use of GOC (Glasses Over Contacts). The catwalk is very well documented in a series of video clips on You Tube under my user name Lentilux. A few months after the catwalk, Carla paid me a visit and she said she had a present for me. Out of her bag she took two pairs of glasses with a lovely story attached to them. In the late 1980's she started dating with a young man called Andreas and their first date was going to the cinema. The lights went out and the movie started. After a minute or so, Carla and Andreas dared to look at eachother and lo and behold, all of a sudden they were both in glasses! When they got married, they made a promise that these two pairs of glasses would always remain together, come what may, as a symbol. Shortly after the catwalk (where I met Andreas and one of their daughters as well) the couple decided that the house was too full and a lot of stuff had to be cleared out. They then decided that the two pairs of glasses should become part of my collection. I was quite honored and within a month, both glasses were featured in the first photo shoot on the present weblog, with a model called Karen who had nearly the same prescription as Carla and Andreas had in the late 1980's. This pair by Rodenstock were Carla's first glasses and they were later featured in my first photo shoot with Jolien. Last month, I squeezed Carla's glasses in my hand luggage for the flight to Ireland to give them another chance. Osi liked the glasses and here she is posing in a nice "pensive mood" style. A romantic story indeed....

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten