zondag 11 september 2011

Melissa 094

























I came across these beautiful Piave glasses (with wobbly
arms) at the Amsterdam flea market in the late 1980's
and bought them straightaway without bargaining - there
was a sweet memory attached to this frame. Early in 1975,
I met an art student at a party and afterwards she came with
me to my student room, leaving only fourteen years later. She
disliked her rather sturdy Bausch & Lomb glasses so after a
few months I persuaded her to try some of the big frames that
were just introduced in the optician's shops. This Piave frame,
in a purple colour combination, caught our fancy (at Rx -7 she
had to rely mostly on my opinion) and from then on she came
to like her glasses. She only used her Piave glasses for about a
year as the heavy lenses made the frame rather unstable. No
such problems here for Melissa. These Piave glasses have a mild
Rx not unlike her own prescription.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten