donderdag 19 september 2013

Doreen 144



Askance look - "What do you think about this hat, Mr. Photographer?"

When I was six, I often stayed with one of my grandmothers who was a widow and a bit of an eccentric lady. She had breakfast served in her bedroom by her younger sister who lived with her. Then it was my turn to help my grandmother with the most difficult choice of the day. She disappeared behind a screen and came back in what would become the outfit of the day if it met with my approval stamp. When I said no or even when I seemed in doubt, she disappeared behind the screen again and came back with a new outfit. This went on, until I gave my approval stamp to an outfit. I suppose she missed her husband's advice but maybe it was her way to introduce me to the world of lady's dilemma's. She was also my first inspiration for glasses, of which she had half a dozen. This background came handy later in life - and now again in this photography project.

"I like both hats, Doreen, but let's take some more portraits with this purple hat if you don't mind".

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten